At Shirley Dental Practice we offer a range of clear braces for straightening your teeth and improving your smile. These appliances work in the same way as traditional metal braces and are just as effective at straightening your teeth, whilst being more discreet than conventional braces. Fixed braces give full control of the teeth and so can be used to treat most types of bite very reliably.
Straightening teeth can be accomplished through several treatment options. The most common recommended option is through orthodontic treatment. See our Orthodontics section for further information.
Other more invasive methods to straighten your teeth include:
- Adhesive tooth coloured restorations
These can reshape your teeth to make them look more in line. For more information please book a consultation on 020 8656 7627.
- On arrival, through our beautiful garden, you will be welcomed by either Erica or Rose and asked to fill out a confidential medical history form.
- When it is time for your appointment, you will be introduced to your dentist and shown into the surgery, where you can discuss any concerns or needs that you may have.
The dentist will then;
- Thoroughly examine your teeth, gums, jaw joints and bite (occlusion)
- Provide an oral cancer screening
- Normally take digital x-rays to aid in diagnosis. They reveal areas that cannot be examined directly.
- Take any intra oral pictures to help you visualise any key areas.
- Time will be taken to explain and discuss all treatment options available with a written treatment plan and estimate provided.
- Any further appointments can then be arranged, where required.
- At Shirley Dental Practice, we think it is important to get to know you on your first appointment, therefore, usually no treatment is provided unless emergency care is necessary.
- We look forward to welcoming you to Shirley Dental Practice.
Invisalign Treatment Package – Total Saving of £420
Treatment with a specialist orthodontic consultant
Specially designed retainers to keep your teeth in position once treatment has finished
One hygienist appointment worth £50 at the beginning of treatment to ensure your teeth are clean and ready for treatment
Teeth whitening worth £200 at the end of treatment
FREE Facial Aesthetics Consultation
Please call 020 8656 7627 or email
[email protected] to book your appointment
*subject to Terms and Conditions
New Offers coming soon…
Fee Guide 2017
(Full quote after consultation to meet individual needs)
We accept a range of payment methods including cash, cheque and credit or debit card. After each visit, patients will be asked to pay for the treatment carried out to date. More extensive treatments will require a deposit.
Missed appointment and late cancellations policy
Should you need to cancel or change your appointment time or date, we ask for at least one business days notice. Appointments cancelled at short notice will be charged pro rata.
Finance plans are offered for treatments over £700 at 0% interest (over 6 or 10 months).*subject to credit checks, using medenta a company of hitachi capital.
At Shirley Dental Practice, we are able to offer dental payment plans, which include supplementary dental insurance for an agreed monthly fee. We provide this by using the UK’s leading dental payment plan specialist, Denplan.
Denplan have consistently used a preventive approach to dental care and, with their unique and wide-ranging support services, have been looking after dentists and their patients for over 27 years. They support patients by allowing them to budget for their private dental care and encourage a preventive approach to oral healthcare. As the only consumer-facing brand in the payment plan market theirs’ is one of the most recognised names in dental healthcare among UK consumers.
We currently offer Denplan Essentials, with 2 levels of membership.
Our Plan B membership includes 2 examinations and 2 hygiene visits per year, so that you can maintain optimal oral health
Our Plan C membership includes 2 examination and 4 hygiene visits per year to allow a closer watch over your gum health.
Membership includes a 10% discount on restorative treatments (terms and conditions apply).
- Denplan Essentials is a dental plan which helps you budget for your routine preventive dental care
- Seeing your dentist regularly is important as it can help you avoid having to undergo costly, restorative treatments
- The dental plan is easy to set up and no pre-assessment is necessary
- You will have to pay for any restorative dental treatment necessary (ie. crowns, bridges or fillings)
- Denplan Essentials also includes worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover (Supplementary Insurance) (link to Denplan’s website) and access to Denplan’s 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline
Routine dental care includes:
- Check-ups (up to the maximum detailed in your contract)
- Scaling, polishing and other hygiene treatment (up to the maximum detailed in your Contract)
- Dental x-rays
- Any additional treatment specified as included by the dentist in your contract
- Preventive dental advice
Denplan Essentials does not cover:
- Restorative dental treatments including fillings, crowns, bridges or dentures (at the discretion of your dentist)
- Laboratory fees and prescriptions
- Any treatment excluded by the dentists in your contract which is payable by you to the dentist
- Referral to a specialist and specialist treatment
- Orthodontics, implants, cosmetic treatment
- Sedation fees
Please click on the following link to join our Denplan Essentials membership
At Shirley Dental Practice the dermal fillers we use are a product made from non-animal Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic acid is also naturally produced by our bodies and helps hydrate the skin, maintaining structure and volume. However as we age this production is reduced, causing loss of volume which creates folds, creases and fine lines on our faces. Lips also tend to get thinner and the corners of the mouth tend to drop. This loss of volume can be replaced by dermal filler injections like Restylane® or Emervel®
- Deep lines between eyebrows
- Nose-to-mouth lines
- Mouth-to-chin lines (Marionette lines)
- Lips – for symmetry and volume, or increased definition of lip border
- Smokers lines
- Mouth corners
- Areas that can be treated are:
The procedure is done with gel injections that contain local anaesthetic to reduce any discomfort. The beauty of dermal filler treatment is that the effects can be seen instantly. A follow up appointment is made 3 weeks after the initial procedure to review results and top up if necessary. The treatment is not permanent, reversible and is long lasting. Depending on the area treated we recommend repeat treatment at 6-12 months. Call us today for more information on how to create the natural looking, softer and refreshed appearance you are looking for and book your FREE facial aesthetic consultation with us.
Repeated facial expressions and ageing can cause wrinkles and lines to form. Wrinkle reduction injections are a quick and simple procedure using Botulinum Toxin which is injected into the facial muscles causing them to temporarily relax, so reducing the appearance of facial expression lines. At Shirley Dental Practice we use Azzalure® (botulinum toxin type A) to help reduce dramatic muscle movement but not completely stop all facial expression to create a natural softer look.
The procedure is effectively painless and quick, with results starting to be seen after 3 days and lasting up to 4 months.
- Frown lines (vertical lines that form in between the eyebrows)
- Forehead lines
- Crows feet (around the side of eyes)
- Eyebrow lift
- Areas that can be treated include:
Botulinum toxin can also be used to treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) of underarms, hands and feet.
A follow up appointment is made 3 weeks after the initial procedure to review results and top up if necessary. Treatment is recommended to be repeated every 3-6 months. Call us today for more information or to book your FREE facial aesthetic consultation.
The system consists of a discreet appliance with innovative self-ligating brackets that eliminates the need for traditional elastic or metal ‘ties’.
The system uses a slide mechanism that attaches wires to brackets to move naturally with the teeth as they realign. The brace is suitable for adults and teenagers alike and tooth coloured brackets are also available.
The benefits of the Damon System include:
- Allows you to target a few problem teeth at the front of your mouth for correction
- Works more quickly than conventional treatments
- Non-invasive, unlike veneers and crowns
To learn more about the Damon Braces System and decide whether it’s the right treatment for you, please call to book a consultation.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system straightens teeth using a series of removable aligners that are custom made just for your teeth.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
- Almost invisible
- Removable: You can remove the aligners to brush your teeth and gums as normal, allowing you to be able to keep your teeth and gums healthy more easily. You can remove the brace to eat and drink and so won’t need to limit what you consume as you would with traditional fixed braces. You can also choose to remove the aligners briefly for special occasions such as weddings or important meetings so it can fit around your lifestyle easily.
- Using Invisalign’s 3D software you can see what your teeth might look like during and after the treatment.
How does Invisalign work?
- You first need an assessment and an impression of your teeth to check whether your teeth can be straightened with the Invisalign System.
- This allows a personalised detailed plan using 3D planning software. We can show you your planned result even before you’ve started treatment.
- We will develop a series of aligners custom made just for you. You would wear these for 2 week increments, before changing to the next aligner. As you progress your teeth will move little by little, until they have straightened to the final position prescribed by your orthodontist.
- You will have check-ups with your orthodontist normally every 6-8 weeks to check your progress and ensure you are comfortable.
- You would then need a retainer to hold the teeth straight and maintain your new smile!
What is included?
- Treatment with a specialist orthodontic consultant
- Before and after pictures of your teeth
- Impressions and models of your teeth
- 3D Computer simulation of your treatment
- Specially designed retainers to maintain your teeth in position, after your treatment has finished.
The cost can vary depending on the complexity of your treatment. More information can be found in our Fees section.
To find out more and decide if Invisalign is the right treatment choice for you, book a consultation today.