A bridge is a fixed prosthesis that can be used to replace one or more missing teeth, restoring appearance and function. The teeth adjacent to the missing space are used as support to which the replacement tooth is attached to. This ‘bridge’ is then cemented into position.
- At Shirley Dental Practice, there are different types of bridges available. They include:
- Conventional: Supported by the adjacent teeth. These are supported by placing crowns on one, or both of the adjacent teeth, providing strength and durability.
- Resin bonded: These use a metal wing which is cemented to the inner aspect of the adjacent tooth for support. These are very conservative, requiring little or no preparation, especially useful for replacing a single front tooth.
- Implant-retained: These use implants for support instead of teeth. Particularly, when 3 or more teeth are missing, this provides replacement which is fixed as a possible alternative to a denture.
Dental bridges can be made of tooth-coloured materials, restoring a natural smile. To learn more about dental bridges, please contact us today.
- Dental Hygienist Croydon
- Dental Implants Croydon
- Dental Care for Children
- Oral Health Checks and Prevention
- Tooth Extraction Croydon
- Gum Disease
- Root Canal Treatment
- Dentures Croydon
- Anti Snoring
- Mouth Guards
- Mouth Cancer Screening
- Nervous Patients
- Missing Teeth
- Dental Fillings Croydon
Our experienced team is dedicated to offering you a relaxed, comfortable dental experience at all times.MEET THE TEAM