Oral health checks are an essential part of ensuring your dental health both now and in the future. At Shirley Dental Practice we use the following to keep your smile in terrific shape.
- Comprehensive examinations that identify tooth decay, gum disease, tooth wear and several other problems
- Oral cancer screening
- Thorough cleaning with the dentist or hygienist: includes scaling and oral hygiene advice
- Diagnostic procedures: includes X-rays that help to identify problems
- The latest preventive dental treatments: includes sealants that close tooth fissures and protect permanent molars from decay, especially effective in children’s’ preventative care
- Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, floss regularly, and use a fluoride mouthwash ideally after meals
Your personal oral health plan needs to include:
- Regular dental visits: Early detection can prevent and even reverse a lot of dental problems and ward off the need for expensive restoration work
- Proper diet: Sugar and some carbohydrates can create acids that cause cavities and damage tooth enamel. The higher the frequency of sugar intake, the higher the risk of tooth decay
- Quitting smoking: If you smoke, it’s important to stop. Smoking can cause staining, bad breath and reduced blood flow to your gums, which is an indicator to its effect all around the body, increasing the risk of gum disease
Whether you are looking to enjoy superb dental health or to keep your smile beautiful and clean, Shirley Dental Practice can help. Our progressive and modern dental practice provides thorough and effective preventive dental solutions designed to meet your needs.
Our experienced team is dedicated to offering you a relaxed, comfortable dental experience at all times.MEET THE TEAM